Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Signs of Spring

60 degree temps in one sign, but before peepers comes "angel wings".  You know when you use a shedding blade on your horse and the hair comes out in wings rather than individual hairs.  Tonight G was shedding angel wings to beat the band.  I sure wish I had a camera with me as it was a heck of a sight.  I walked down the barn aisle to talk to one of the boarders and she said "look at Mr. G - if he sneezed that would be all over the place".  I turned around and laughed as there he stood with fur and dirt 6" deep all around him.  His new nickname for spring "Pig Pen".  

The last few days have just been spectacular as far as spring weather goes and between being sick and working, there was no opportunity to ride.  Sure would've been nice.  Weekend weather calls for rain from Friday through Monday, which means no trail riding this weekend, and probably not the next due to the mud that will be a result of this weekend :(  grrrr.....hoping we don't have a wet trail riding season like last year.

Other fun stuff from this weekend, hopefully I can find some time to write some more.  Need to get some sleep.  Tax extensions at work are wearing me down!

No comments: