Sunday, March 21, 2010

First Day of Spring, First Trail Ride of the Season 2010

What an incredible day!  The high hit 74 which meant poor G was quite sweaty by the time we got back.  But since it was our first trail ride of the season, we kept it to a walk, flat walk, and I did allow him to pace a little (just a little).  It just felt incredible, the whole ride.

Prior to heading out I asked if either horse liked to cross the bridge and they both responded that they'd get down and walk across.  I thought okay I can always let G follow them over.  But we were leading down the trail and when the cement bridge came into view G didn't hesitate and just kept on walking.  Meantime, both riders had dismounted.  Good boy G!!!  He got to hear that a lot yesterday, as he really was a good boy.  

Lots of spots are still under water due to how high the river is, so we stuck to the high roads/trails.  I didn't say the words out loud as I was afraid I would jinx us, but we didn't see one ATV or motorcycle.  It made for a really peaceful ride.   

It just felt so good to be back in the trail saddle and out in the woods again.  I know we were both getting tired of arena riding.   I thought I'd be sore today as its been awhile since I've ridden and hour and 45 five minutes, but I feel pretty good today.  Maybe its the smile that's still plastered on my face, lol.  

Since I didn't get a picture of us under saddle to share, I decided to take a little video of us b-bopping down the trail.  Enjoy the ride ~ I sure did! 

(in case the embedded video doesn't buffer right here's a direct link:  Spring Trail Ride - You Tube Video

No comments: