Friday, February 12, 2010

The Rear Cinch

Until I met this gentleman over the phone while purchasing one of his beautiful saddles, I used to keep a rear cinch loose.  Why?  Cause that's the only way I'd ever seen them, especially in western classes.  Once I got my ATH home and cinched it up as he shows in the linked video, the stability of our saddle was very noticible.  I just stumbled upon this short video and thought I'd share it here.  David is the maker of the Black Rhino, and now AboutTheHorse saddles.  He's also one of the original designers of the Crates Tennessean saddles made years back.  Not trying to say David is old, he's not....just want to share his knowledge of saddles with everyone I know.  Enjoy!

Link to video:      The Rear Cinch and its True Function

2 comments:

jill said...

Hi, just found your blog. Was reading about your clinic with Mark Rashid and enjoyed it. I'm working on his novel now, so far so good!
I'll come back around another time and read more.

Kate a.k.a. MBG said...

Hi Jill! I just finished Out of The WIld and loved it. A fun love story with lots of horse training tid bits throughout.

Have you been to a Mark Rashid clinic? This was my first and hopefully not the last. I've read all his books and have been a fan for so many years, meeting him in person was a dream come true. Even though we worked on some really simple things, it has so helped my relationship with my horse.