Monday, February 15, 2010

The Mounting Block Pick Up

I made a couple of short videos on Sunday to share with the GHS group.  One gal had wanted to see the Parelli "chicken wing/kick back" get the horses out of my space exercise; and since I'd noticed more than a few people mentioning issues with getting their horses to stand still at the mounting block, I wanted to share how Mark Rashid had shown us how at our clinic last October.  

It really is a small thing, but setting up G's mind prior to mounting up has made a huge difference in our sessions.  He hasn't lost his ability to move forward, but he's learning to wait for my cues prior to doing so.  It just keeps getting better.  
I'm not a great presenter, but I thought it got the exercise across.

Link to video:        The Mounting Block 

3 comments:

jill said...

Looked good!

Tammy in TX said...

Loved the vid! Summer is real good for me to mount of anything, but I love that you made him come to you and pick you up. I will diffenantly be working on that with Summer. Thanks for sharing!

Four Lease Ranch said...

That's a great video. He does so well!