Monday, January 18, 2010

Whole Heart, Whole Horse

I finally found some time to sit down, put my feet up and finish Mark's book "Whole Heart, Whole Horse". I'm really glad I had the opportunity to work with Mark & Crissi prior to reading this book, as it put the work we did with G into perspective. This is hands down my favorite book of Mark's to date. He has put into words what so many of us strive for in our relationship with our horses. It is the path I've been traveling with G with some success, but I now know what I need to work on the most. Me! It would be lovely if I was just one of those "even keeled" personalities, but I'm not. Do I want to be? Yes indeed. Do I need to be? Yes. In order for me to win G's trust and heart 100% I have to become consistent 100% of the time. So now I go in search of the tools I need to find my inner balance and inner peace. Tai Chi is something I've been curious about, so that is the first thing on my list to begin.

Now on to "Out of the Wild" Mark's first novel. I've been anxious to start reading it, but had to finish WHWH first. I highly recommend WHWH - it's a keeper!

No comments: