Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Whole Heart, Whole Horse

This is the book I ordered from Mark at Equine Affaire ~ it came in yesterday and I can't wait to get started reading! Of course with the holidays looming I'm crazy busy but I will find time soon to curl up and indulge myself. It's my first Mark Rashid hardcover and had him sign it: To "G", he who holds Kate's Heart. I thought it was appropriate ;)

From his website: The book covers subjects such as seeing the positive side of making mistakes, how to gather information from the horse, understanding how and why horses release energy from real or perceived traumas, how to reach the balance point between the horse and rider, the five components to developing softness in both horses and humans, the three components to becoming a leader the horse wants to willingly follow and work with, how to understand and develop boundaries, and more.

Such a perfect topic for me & G ~ Becoming the leader my horse wants to willingly follow and work with. After seeing how much has already changed by using his pick up at the mounting block, I'm sure there are a lot more arrows for my quiver!

Would make a really nice Christmas gift for the horselover in your family.

http://www.markrashid.com/forsale_books.html

No comments: