Monday, April 11, 2011

Okay, I'll Keep Him....

All my fears were for naught.  G, the unforgiving type, completely forgave me my moment of insanity and we have been enjoying the spring like temperatures.  Oh heck, just not having snow on the ground is exciting and new!! We hit the trail a week ago Sunday with Ozzy, who was sooo excited to back at the barn, never mind out on the trail with his buddy G.  Since this was the first trip out, we only did the small wooded trail out back that leads to a large crop field.  I think we stayed out all of 35 minutes, but every minute of it was wonderful.  Here's a little video between G's ears.


This past Saturday, we got together with Jane and her mare Sierra and did the same trail but kept on going along the crop fields for an additional 30 minutes.  We still haven't found the end of them, and I'm betting we can travel another 6 miles before finding a road to cross (well, that's my guess).  G and Sierra are really good together.  G loves her calming influence, and since he stays cool, so does she.  Normally when we turn for home G gets more than a bit anxious, but Saturday he was happy to just move along at a nice forward walk without any stress whatsoever.  It was a perfect ride in my book, and one that again reminds me of the bond that we do have, and makes me reflect on how empty my fears of losing him were.  We are good together.  He brings out the best in me (eventually).  He keeps me honest with myself and makes me strive to make our relationship that much tighter.  I know I'll never be the perfect rider, nor will G ever be the perfect horse, and that's why we were made for one another....we will just strive to be the best that we can be. 

No comments: